bloggy froggie wonders when she'll fall in love with this again.

Saturday, May 1, 2010

Plan

a late entry. haha!

i started this blog in celebration of the end of med school and the beginning of the rest of my life.

Since the initial adjustment of starting medicine, I had an ever-lengthening list of things-I-used-to-do-but-can’t-anymore, things-I-want-to-do-but-can’t and things-my-non-med-friends-can-do-that-I-can’t, all because of med. I considered the five years of medical school as a period of suspended animation. What was foremost in my mind was that as soon as May 1, 2010 comes in, I get do each and every item on that list- with a vengeance!!!

But during these last days of internship- we all began to think about what we would do once internship ends. Some wanted to sleep, others wanted to go home, and still others had (horror of horrors!): NOTHING TO DO. A classmate also asked me what I was going to do after April 30. I answered: everything. Everything? What kind of an answer is that? What was I really going to do?

I thought I was going to play with my Wii, but I won’t. I thought I was going to have a TV series marathon the way I used to, but I won’t. I thought I was going to spend the day mall-hopping in the malls I used to love. I was in one of them the other weekend. The place underwent a massive renovation- I didn’t recognize it anymore.

Five years had gone by. Of course things won’t be the same. Of course I won’t be the same. Time did not stand still when I left home, and no matter what I may have thought, time did not stand still for me either. I find that I don’t want the same things anymore. UPCM and UP-PGH made their marks on me, five years’ worth of marks. The silly LUIII student who came in 2005 is coming out the (hopefully) sensible UPCM 2010 doctor who got to deliver a baby and stand by a patient as the time of death was called.

So what am I really going to do after April 30?

EVERYTHING.

I have the rest of my life before me; bring it on!

3 comments:

  1. well first, meet up with your HS barkada and have that videoke/wii party we planned but never happened.

    MD na si princess palaka. I never knew the story behind the screen name, btw. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I second the notion. Wasn't this something we've been planning since you got into med? Hahaha :)

    Enjoy your new found freedom! Looking forward to see what happens next. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. plans? plans?

    may party after i pass the boards.

    i have to pass the boards. haha!

    super good luck. haha!

    ReplyDelete